Junior Ontario Hockey

Welcome to the West/Midwest Ontario Hockey Forums
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: LaSalle Ref's
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:31 pm 

As I sit and watch the game between Sarnia and LaSalle I can't believe how much these refs want to be part on the game , some of the penalties are deserved and many are not. Both teams have faced bad call after bad call . Phantom off sides just plain embarassing to watch these two clowns kill a good game of hockey.

Post subject: Re: LaSalle Ref's
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:04 am 

Took in my first game of the year in LaSalle last night. You had a rookie ref with a vet officiating. The rookie called it tight but called it both ways. In my book he did a pretty good job for one of his 1st Jr. B games. The easiest call of the night and probably the incident that took the steam out of Sarnia who were having a pretty good 3rd period was when Sarnia had a 2 man advantage for a full 2 minutes and early in the PP some cement head flys into the LaSalle crease after the puck was frozen and almost as if he waited until the ref was looking, took 2 quick punches at a surprised LaSalle player's head. He got my vote for dumbest play of the game.

Overall I though the refs/linesman did a pretty good game. Other than the fist 10 minutes of the 3rd period this game was dominated by the Vipers.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:13 am 

Won't comment on the reffing but will say that the Vipers definitely had the advantage of playing with the extra man, twice as often as the Legionnaires. Also noticed that each of the goals scored by the Vipers were all when they had the man advantage.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:22 am 

Dear GOJHL_FAN ,

I guess we were at different games, they (refs) were terrible both ways , however I do agree with the dumb rabbit punches in the third ... i'm guessing frustrated but still no excuse
Sarina dominated the first 10 - 15 min of the first and down hill from there, Vipers played well,

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:32 pm 

slap-shot wrote:
As I sit and watch the game between Sarnia and LaSalle I can't believe how much these refs want to be part on the game , some of the penalties are deserved and many are not. Both teams have faced bad call after bad call . Phantom off sides just plain embarassing to watch these two clowns kill a good game of hockey.

Referees are calling offsides now?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:59 pm 

LincBrass wrote:
slap-shot wrote:

Referees are calling offsides now?

Well I have seen it done the very "odd" time but more likely to see a linesman make a penalty call. :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:13 pm 

we had VERMAST last night in leamington, just brutal, him and renaud just ruined the flow of the game for both teams, reffing in this area is just awful

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:28 pm 

Flyers must have lost?